Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Working 9 to 5"

Last week one of the parishes I belong to celebrated its 90th anniversary.. which was insane!

The pastor and secretary asked me to help out in the office and were willing to pay me for some of the hours which was cool... I ended up working something like 70 hours from Tuesday to Saturday and then on Sunday we had the celebration in church and at a fancy reception hall in our city.. my brother in law sliced his hand before mass started- he was helping the florist bring in the church vases and it was wet and the lady going up the stairs ahead of him stopped abruptly and he lost his grip and the glass vase shattered in his hands... so on top of the hysterical sister I had to deal with, I still had to check with coordinators, help priests with their vestments and sing for the Bishop! My bro-in-law is fine, he went to the hospital that day and got his wound cleaned and all is well. I thought my sister was going to faint on me during the mass- its traumatic for a young bride when her new husband gets injured.. or so I'm told.

So After singing the mass with my sisters, I got roped into helping at the dinner togive ticket holders their table numbers. And as per usual it was chaos! We had 560 people, so of course it was a giant mass of unruly absurdity but we managed to get through it and there were no injuries to be reported there thank God.

Needless to say I had a busy first week of November which hasn't calmed down yet. I've been going into the church office all this week to because the mass book for 2013 just opened and its chaos in there again! We had two funerals and three masses to sing from Monday onward this week which has been great but vocally exhausing. And I also got an interview for a store in the mall I applied for back in early September which was scary but exciting. I'm still waiting to hear from the manager and I can't stop staring at my cell phone waiting for the call.

So because of all this, I've only been able to clock in 4000 words on my novel for this years NANORWRIMO but I'm looking forward to a productive weekend of literary abandon! So though tired and weak, strained and lacking sleep I shall endeavor to write on faithfully- even I don't finish my novel til Feb 21st like my NANO word count tracker tells me!

Happy writing to you all..

Xoxo

No comments: