Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New In The World Of Literature...

I thought I'd share with all of you that congratulations MUST go out to my family's very own Dr. Smarty-Pants whose first academic book has just been put up for pre-sale!  Only If You Are Really Interested is being published and will be available to the general audience in the spring/summer of this year!!!

We are all soo excited and so proud of your accomplishments and cannot wait to be the proud owners of such  a moment as this! I am quite looking forward to reading said book, which is right up my cultural alley.

I hope you will all join me in congratulating Dr. S-P and his family in this wonderful success! I have posted a link below so you can see the publishers ad page for this wonderful book.


Did you know? -  Being published, especially on your own is very important for University Professors? The more they have written and have been published, the more likely they are to get a job because being published means your thoughts/written work are good enough (ie you are good enough) for the world to read! (or for other academics in your field at least).  Most of the literature we read, even main stream fiction stuff, has a Professor, or Doctor of Letters/Philosophy's editorial notes published with it?  You can write a million words but if none of them get published then there is very little hope for you in the future.  Because it means nobody likes what you are studying, thinking and arguing about.. Such is the life of a professor.

Enjoy! Please e-mail me bilichc@hotmail.com OR drop me a comment on here, let me know if you checked out the link, or what you think about books, literature, writing ,reading ,publishing etc..

XOXO
Cris

1 comment:

Nicholas Greco said...

Thanks for your kind words. I'm very happy with the cover.